Monday, March 24, 2008

Eleven Hunderd Springs



I'm admittedly late on this band. I've known about them for a while now, but hadn't gotten around to listening to a record until just recently. While normally lumped in with other Texas music acts--a label that no band should be ashamed of--this is decidedly more country and, though I don't like using the word...throwback. That is not to say they are novelty or traditionalist, or any other bullshit label that is invariably applied to No Depression bands. They are a country band, and having been in a fairly different kind of country band myself--one that some could qualify as outlaw...some states anyway--I love to hear a band that can only be described simply as a country band. Great sound, great songs.

Eleven Hundred Springs - See You in The Next Life

buy it here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's very informative blog and thanks for sharing with us
Neon Signs