Thursday, August 03, 2006

Carrie Rodriguez


I really enjoyed the last few records she made with Chip Taylor, but always felt like they were lacking something...just falling a little short somehow. This, Carrie's first solo record, sounds fantastic and--for some reason--has stuck with me longer than her collaborations. At any rate, here's the track, "50's French Movie" which has this great groove to it and a sax out of nowhere. I had a roommate who at one point was completely obssessed with classic French film. If Carrie came over to hang out, this is the song she'd write about Bill. God Bless Mr. Bungeroth, I miss you buddy.

Carrie Rodriguez- 50's French Movie

buy the album here.

2 comments:

Geli Girl said...

with all these posts i've been making a love landon mix cd for myself... thanks!

senojjones said...

Oh my God, Big Kiss!
what a sensual voice..

wonderful albumn...

I'm a big Lucinda fan, and it's nice to hear that she's pushing this girl..

If this is country, it's what it's supposed to be...