Sunday, August 06, 2006

sometimes songs are too much


Goodbye. I hate that word. I hate saying it, and most of the time I just don't. That pisses a lot of people off. While that's understandable, it doesn't make me feel bad about the way I am...I'd just much prefer to never have to really say goodbye to anyone. Doesn't everybody? Yes. Deep down. Right? So, I feel like I'm going through some real heavy stuff right now personally and that always ends up being projected on anything I'm doing, saying, writing, or--as it happens--listening to. Patterson Hood's songs always resonate with me (in fact, all of the 'Truckers do), but this one is particularly like me. For such a rough and tumble, hard drinkin', hard livin' and tourin' group they sure have a boatload of elegant songs. And how bout that bass line?
A perfect "drinking alone" song. But then...I guess I have a lot of those.

Drive By Truckers- Goodbye

buy it here

1 comment:

music is art said...

understand how you feel... i hate the word *goodbye* too, i try to never use it. the same with goodluck too, it feels too final. do you know what i mean?