Friday, August 04, 2006

I get lonely...I get down...


First of all, this has been my favorite album for the last couple of months. I always forget about posting it because I listen to it so much I guess I just figured that I had before. The Gourds are most known for their bluegrass cover of "Gin and Juice" always (inexplicably) mislabeled as Phish. While they share the same stoner/jambandy vibe at times (just check out the picture...pretty sure they live in that van...still in the Jewel years...yeeeeiiikes), these guys are so much weirder. I mean, you can't even make out any of the words, and when you do it makes little logical sense. But when taken together with the music it's abstract art. You get it. That's what's so fantastic about this song in particular. It's heartbreaking and full of hope. This has definitely been my song of late. And God bless Texas.

The Gourds- Pill Bug Blues

buy their music here (get them out of the van)

No comments: